6.09.2011

Life is uncharted territory. It reveals its story one moment at a time...

The last week on Salt Spring was amazing! Though slightly less adventurous then the rest of the trip, it was a time of focus and course work. Even so, in the midst of the busy schedule there was time for fun. The last Saturday morning a group of us busked at the market before the final exam. That was a great experience, especially since we had an extremely musical group! One of the guys on the trip even managed to make a fiberglass violin. An epic pillow fight took place through the entire house on the last evening. Luckily nothing was broken, and after a bit of pranking everyone enjoyed a peaceful night before the journey home. It was a bitter-sweet end to the trip. The friendships formed and strengthened made it seem painful to say goodbye. It works out nicely that none of us graduated this year, so hopefully we will see each other around campus in the coming semester. Many of us had more adventures to continue on to, some flying to Haiti, others getting ready to join camp staff, and even some returning to Salt Spring after a week of rest.

The past week has flown by as I prepare to head up north. On Monday dawns the sunrise of another grand adventure. It seems that I have little time to finish up a research paper and pack before then, but I know that somehow everything will get done... For those of you who have never ventured past Campbell River, the northern part of the Vancouver Island contains some amazing ocean and wilderness. I just found out that my favorite bay on the Northwest coast is accessible through a trail from a small settlement, which means that it's on the list of things to do next summer (I've been to the beaches several times with the tall ships from SALTS, but never via land). Most of my work in the next two months will be on the inside of Vancouver Island. If anyone plans on taking a kayaking trip from Telegraph Cove, feel free to stop in and visit!

So on to a world of orcas and rain I go, hoping my tent will hold up for two months and that the grizzlies don't chose to swim over to the camp while I'm there. It is such an amazing opportunity to go out and study God's beautiful creation! I'm sure many adventures and stories will come out of the weeks to come, and I am excited to pursue my passion for the ocean and its creatures, and to learn more about them. Prayer over the next few months would be appreciated as I won't have much access to church or a Christian community during my stay at orcalab.

I will try to write every once and a while, but be forwarned that internet access I will have is unpredictable at best!

~ Fair Winds

No comments:

Post a Comment